Sunday 10 April 2011

Runway 2011 (Rhoda Collection)

After the summer, I have used up all my ideas, I was lost, I didn't know what to make. The 1st couple projects that I did in Major class weren't as successful as they turned out to be. I thought I was done for, I thought that was it for my ceramics career. I don't understand sculpture, I can't throw, Slab building is too difficult and I'm not organized enough, pinching/coiling is too boring! During the second half of the year I have decided to cast whatever. But what? I looked back at my perious art, and realized that I don't make art that's personal to me only. I have made things ABOUT me, but nothing that I get Really attached to. Therefore, I have decided to turn to ONE thing that I am Obsessed about ----- Shoes! But they are not just any shoes, they are high heels in particular. and here are the reasons why...
I think heels are very important, they might not be the focal point, But if you wear the wrong pair of shoes, it could ruin your whole outfit. When heels are put on, it makes you taller, it makes your hip smaller, just think about why you only stand on your toes when you are Trying to put on your jeans ;) My shoes are made very delicately, with a reason. When I put on my heels, I feel delicate, and people around me feels the same. It is great to wear heels when you are out with a guy, he will always give you a hand, and ask if you are ok. Who doesn't like being treat delicately? I sure do. <3 <3 <3


The more I think about the reasons why I'm obsessed with shoes, the more I start to think about back when I was in high school. I was shy, still am but a little better. I remember where I first found my confident. It was on the runway, held in my high school. When you are up there and 10 spot lights are on you, you don't see anyone else, hense I didn't care, but just needed to look my best. I couldn't see, and slowly I couldn't hear words. all the noices became a background sound. I'm not gonna deny it, it is a great feeling when you are up there, and everyone is sitting down below looking up at you. Hense, I made this piece to remind me what it felt like to have confident. This piece reminds me what I was able to do.


Life is like a runway, everyone gets to be up there once, some gets a longer run, some may only gets to spend 3 mins there. And when you have confident, you don't care what everybody thinks.



Slab build, domestic porcelain claybody.
Andrew Martin's glaze fire to cone 09.
Luster fire to cone 018.




No comments:

Post a Comment