Saturday 16 April 2011

Gossip for Two

Continuing with the concept of shoes, I have decided to take a step further. Choosing parts of the form (from a shoe) that I like the most, and applying them onto something functional – cups. My intention was not to make cups that are representational to shoes, but rather focusing on having the essence of a shoe. Also, trying to explore the different possibilities in the forms and the relationships between the holder and pot.

The result is quite pleasing and satisfying. Using the shoe as a saucer which the cup is sitting on, tells me what women have in common, high tea, shoes, and gossip.
Looking at my cups and saucers, I can picture in my head of two females showing off the new pairs of designer shoes they bought recently and gossiping during tea time.

In the future, I am hoping to show improvement in the craft of making, and work more on making it more utilitarian. Perhaps using the same form but trying to speak a different content.





No comments:

Post a Comment