Sunday 10 April 2011

More work (made in 2010 april-may)

Body Supplement

In textile context, body supplement define as things that we temporarily attached to our bodies (except for clothings), ie. earrings, necklace, shoes, purse etc. This was one of the disscusion that came up in my textile class, and I raised this question "does pet count as one?"  I remember that year, all the celebraties took turn posing in magazines with their "hand-carry puppy" followed by Paris Hilton. And then after a while, puppies turned into Babies!!! Stars are getting pregnant as young as age 16. Did they really wanted to be a parent? or did they just want media attention? A lot of these celebraties are people we look up to, our idols. Are they responsible for teenagers getting pregnant before marriage these days? Because they made it seems like an "easy" job? Are these teenagers Ready to be a responsible mom or dad? It kills me when I see a kid is being treat poorly on the bus, on the street, especially in a restaurant where I was working at. But who am I to judge? all I can do is putting this piece up as one of the topic people should be aware of.


Above are just jars with lids that I've been throwing during the summer. I love throwing on a wheel, it clears your mind and then all of a sudden your lost in the wheel. Of course though, you can't really throw unless you have a clear mind. I can't listen to songs, I can't talk and i sure can't have other things in my mind when i throw. I realized that i tend to throw better when I'm listening to classical piano musics :)

Casting project. It was my last project for the summer, and i just wanted to make something fun, nothing with toooooo much meaning hide within my work. everytime i have casted a seahorse, it felt like the mould was giving birth, some turned out beautiful and others didn't. Seahorses is a symbol for strength and luck. Each seahorses have its own strength. Strength to love, strength for friendship, success, health, wealth etc. It's been a really fun project :)

No comments:

Post a Comment